Millions of people worldwide suffer tooth loss — mostly due to tooth decay, gingivitis (gum disease), or injury. For many years, the only treatment options available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. But today dental implants are available. From teenagers wanting a more confident smile to adults wanting replacement of weak functional teeth, implants can be used to fulfill all aesthetic as well as functional needs.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. These are the best and closest match to real teeth and help get your natural smile back.
We at Divine Smiles Dental Care use the world renowned, Swiss Dental Implant System from Straumann at our dental clinic.
Advantages of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance: They look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved oral health: They don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Improved speech: With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Therefore allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved self-esteem: They can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. They function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime
Our highly trained dentists use the best quality implants in the most comfortable of environments to give you a pain free journey to a beautiful smile. Please call us on +919619717165 today to know more about how implants can help restore your smile and get a free full mouth check up done.
Check out some of our treatment photo’s here